Jan 15, 2021
Hello and welcome to the new episode of the Risk Management Show
brought to you by Global Risk Community.
This is your host Boris Agranovich and our guest today is Mike
Gillespie, Director at Advent IM and VP at The Centre for Strategic
From fears of a cyberspace-based New Cold War between Global
Powers to emerging fraud threats to financial services companies,
small businesses, consumers, and work-from-anywhere employees, the
issue of cybersecurity is likely to loom large over all technology
discussions in 2021.
Listen to this interview with Mike Gillespie, who is a Global
Influencer in the area of Internet Security.
We discussed the following questions.
- Does remote working seem like a trend that will continue even
if lockdowns abate?
- What additional risk does remote working offer business? Do
these new risks really require special attention to mitigate?
- How do information security professionals feel about such
widespread remote team requirements?
- What part has the relationship between communications and
security played in remote working success?
- How are senior leadership attitudes changing and adapting to
- Security commentators are reporting a rise in sales of software
to remotely monitor staff, sold as ‘productivity monitoring’. What
are your thoughts on this and where do you think the line between
spying and reasonable monitoring, lies? What do employers need to
be wary of legally and ethically?
- I would like to take this opportunity to ask you about the
massive breach involving SolarWinds and, allegedly, Russian
hackers. How do you think about this incident as a professional and
how should we think about it as individuals, consumers, etc.?
- Finally Brexit and Data Protection risk. How will EU based data
controllers and processors with customers data or an establishment
in UK, now have to interact with UK data protection authorities